I’m back. No more make something new each day for me. It didn’t work out…I am not an everyday blogger. I just don’t have time. Not too mention sometimes I’m too lazy to cook, bake, and take photos. I do it on my own schedule. So that’s that.
Being back and sharing is important 🙂
So Spaghetti with Garlic Bread.
2-24 oz. jars of Newman’s Own Sockarooni sauce
1 lb. Barilla spaghetti
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground sweet or mild italian sausage
1 pinch of oregano, 1 tsp minced raw garlic, and a pinch of red pepper
2 pieces per person – Texas Toast (usually 8 to a pack)
1) Pick your pans: 1 for spaghetti and 1 for the sauce.
Left Sauce and Right Spaghetti.
2) Spaghetti – Get the water going 1st if you are cooking a whole pound like I did. That way you are not waiting for the spaghetti to finish cooking at the end. I’m so impatient, and the last thing I want to do is make this mistake “again”. Lesson Learned…anything to cut down on my impatience in the kitchen 🙂
I used Barilla Spaghetti. I really like using wheat everything, but I didn’t feel like cooking more spaghetti on the side.
2) Sauce – Add the 2-24 oz jars of sauce to the sauce pan. Also add the oregano, minced raw garlic, and red pepper.
3) Meat – Start with the sausage first. Break it down into small pieces as you are cooking. Cook throughly and then put in the sauce pan. Wash the pan (to cut down on dishes) and repeat the process for the ground beef.
3) Sauce – Let the sauce simmer while the spaghetti is cooking.
4) Spaghetti – Add the spaghetti to the water once the water starts boiling. Follow package directions.
5) Garlic Bread – Preheat the oven for the garlic bread. For this recipe I used Texas Toast. If you have everything you need, homemade garlic bread is always delicious (I will post my easy to make garlic bread recipe soon). Start cooking the garlic bread when the spaghetti is almost done, so you serve it right from the oven.
6) Serve and Enjoy 🙂