Yes, I’ve been cooking, and yes I’m bad about keeping my posting up to date. I’m always busy doing about a hundred things, so sometimes it’s hard to keep up with the blog. I created a new format for recipes I find and try. You will see that when you click on the Printable Version of Chicken Pot Pie. The first page is the recipe including the name of the website where I found it, and a photo or two, and the second page is my tips on the recipe and sometimes general tips that apply regarding cooking 🙂
Chicken Pot Pie
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
1 can sliced carrots and peas
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can chicken broth
1/3 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3) In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) Prepare Jiffy pie crust. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Pot Pie recipe as much as I did. I had leftovers for a few days after and it was still as delicious as the first time I ate it 🙂