Last week I steamed carrots, and I stained the hard plastic bowl in the steamer orange!!! They tasted fine. I just didn’t want to stain in again…that deep orange is a really tough stain to get rid of even after putting the hard plastic bowl through the dishwasher. I learned my lesson, and I decided to roast my 2 lb. bag of carrots instead 🙂 The roasted carrots came out great!!! If you want these carrots to be sweet, you can always use a little brown sugar to sweeten them up 🙂 …Yum!
Roasting is a cooking method that uses dry heat, whether an open flame, oven or other heat source. Source: Wikipedia
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice carrots lengthwise & cut in half or thirds
- Lay carrots flat on a cookie sheet
- Brush carrots with olive oil
- Sprinkle with fresh salt & pepper to taste
- Cook for 20-25 minutes