- 1/4 cup prepared fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant brown rice
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, preferably low-sodium, rinsed (Used refried beans)
- 6 ounces strip steak, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 8-inch tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared guacamole
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine salsa and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, return to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with pepper. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of cheese, guacamole, cilantro and the rice mixture. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito.
Recipe Courtesy of: www.eatingwell.com