Stuffed peppers (and stuffed cabbage) are a Levesque family favorite. Mike and I decided to change the recipe up a bit to give it a new twist. We are happy that we did. This adapted recipe was delicious!
4 peppers (green, red, yellow.. whatever you like)
Pepper for rice mixture (1/4 cup / chopped)
A box of Zatarain’s dirty rice
1/2 onion (diced small)
1-2 garlic cloves (diced small)
3/4 lb. ground beef
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Bella mushrooms (chopped)
3-4 tbsp. tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil, add onions and red peppers. Cook for 3-5 mins. until translucent and soft.
3. Add garlic and mushroom. Cook for another 1-2 mins.
4. In another pan, fry ground beef. Once the beef is done cooking, drain, bring it back to the pan, and then add worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
5. Choose your pan for baking, and add a little olive oil to lightly cover the bottom.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Carve out the insides of each pepper since they will serve as a bowl for your rice.
8. Once the rice is done cooking, add the tomato paste, and mix good.
9. Then mix rice mixture into beef mixture.
10. Start filling the peppers until stuffed 🙂
10. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.